Friday, February 13, 2009

Entry #2

I do not believe that it is unavoidable to conform to the world or society, although from the book Catcher in the Rye Holden does seem to go with what eve'rs going on, he doesn't rise above the crowd and makes no attempt to change, if anything he sinks far below, but his sister and dead brother Allie did strive for something better they didn't want to go through the daily drawl of life like everyone else, they tried to be different, they did the best they could in school and other parts of life, and liked to make other people happy. with myself I feel I'm not apart of this world, I don't like how it runs the way it does and don't much like being "like" everyone else, I try to be different, I have more fun that way, besides I am a christian, and in the bible it says to not conform to the ways of the world and fall into sin, so even if I was like that I'd have to try not to anyways,if I didn't I wouldn't be a very good christian would I? This is why I believe that conforming to the world isn't unavoidable, because it hasn't happened to me and it hasn't happened to Sally or Dead Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment